Nicotine levels in your blood will affect your sedation experience
- ~Less than ½ pack a day? Refrain from smoking for 12 hours
- ~ ½ – full pack a day? Refrain from smoking for 8 hours
- ~ 1-1 ½ packs a day? Refrain from smoking for 4 hours
- ~ More than 1 ½ packs a day? Smoke right before coming to the office
- No Alcohol or Narcotic drugs:
We cannot safely sedate you if you have consumed alcohol, narcotics of any type (including Vicodin/Hydrocodone) or any street or recreational drugs.
- No Grapefruit Juice or Caffeine for 12 hours:
Consuming caffeine will limit your level of sedation (coffee, tea, caffeinated soft drinks, etc).
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight
- Wear light-weight comfortable clothing, preferably with short sleeves
- Wear comfortable shoes and socks
- Do not operate heavy equipment and/or drive after taking your Valium the night before your appointment
It is absolutely essential that your escort drives you to/from your appointment.We will not be able to proceed with your appointment if you drive yourself.
Your driver will need instructions, so please have him/her speak with the dental team before dropping you off. Your driver is welcome to remain here during your sedation visit.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 713 234 7800